Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My New Year's Poem

And so another year comes to a close,
as I sit here to jot down a couple of prose.
I can only hope that the new year brings
back my ability to remember things!
Like where I put that shopping list,OR
what the hell I walked into a room for!
Some other things I've noticed too,
that I simply don't remember to do
such as water the plants or take a pill
or now and then forget a bill!
And now in the mirror all I can see
is my mom's face staring back at me!
I used to run up the stairs with greatest of ease
but now I get breathless at the end of a sneeze.
I can't rise from a chair without making a sound
which makes me feel like my dad's still around!
I remember when the mail delivery made me happy
now it's just bills and letters from AARP!
My point just got proven, as I've darted off track,
cause when I started to write this, it was about memory lack!
Even at work I forget things all day,
like where I put that letter or if I filed it away.
I used to deliver messages without writing them down
and now I forget so fast that I have a breakdown!
So the moral of the story is this you see,
I just don't appreciate what is happening to me.
And one of my wishes for 2009
is to once and for all find that brain of mine!

3 comments:

ANNE said...

That was a great poem!!! I had to read it 3 times to remember what you were writing about!!! :) To my Wiggle friends--Have a Happy New Year!!!

Kathy said...

hey good one.
whatever..
who are you anyway!!???
happy new year.
love you
kathy

Anonymous said...

Loved the poem - unfortunately I've been there and done it all. Nice to have more company.

Happy and Healthy new year

Love ya,
Jani