Friday, December 5, 2008

Agghhh....I'm 50!

It's here. And now that it is, I will share what my mom wrote to me:
"Dear Lori,
Fifty years ago, when you were an infant, we had a ritual. As soon as Daddy came hom from work, he would take Barry by the hand and say to him, 'Let's go see how the little girl is doing.' Then they would walk over to your crib and 'check you out.' Well, fifty years later, with lots of changes in our lives (some good, some not so good), I would like to think that somehow he knows that 'the little girl' is doing just fine!"

And so, in honor of my dad, whose birthday cards I miss so much, here's a little diddy from Ole Blue Eyes, himself:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a happy birthday to you, little girl! I was doing the happy birthday dance for you while you were on the phone with Barry. He was giving me the I-can't-believe-I-married-such-a-dork look.

caryl said...

Cute song!

Happy Birthday! Fifty ain't so bad. (If you're a tree!)

Nah, seriously, you seem very happy at this momentous point in your life, and no matter what anybody wishes for when they blow those candles out, happiness is what they're really seeking. You've already got it. No wish required.

Have a great day.

Gramzof3 said...

Claire - I can visualize your happy birthday dance and I'm sure it was not dorky. I would never have a dork for an inlaw. (Hmmm....maybe I need to rethink that!!)

Gramzof3 said...

Caryl,

In all the years I've known you (34 or so)...that is absolutely the nicest thing you have ever said to me. Thanks for being a part of truly one of the nicest days I've ever had. I miss you.

caryl said...

I mean it and I'm jealous.