Sunday, January 18, 2009

Things I Learned While Watching the NFC Championship Football Game With My Father-in-Law

1. I learned that NFC stands for "National Football Conference"
2. I then, naturally, figured out that AFC stands for "American
Football Conference." And that both conferences make up the
NFL, much like the National and American Leagues of the MLB.
Go ahead, make fun of me, I never knew...
3. I learned the difference between "false start" and "off sides" - thanks,Pops, for explaining, in plain English, so that
I could understand it. (And even pointing out examples.)
4. I learned that Pops likes to root for the underdog.
5. I learned that he sneaks chips to Daisy when he thinks no one
is looking!
7. I learned that his mouth becomes vulgar when he disagrees with
one of the referees. (Yikes!!!)
8. I learned the difference between sac(k) and blitz. I did not,
however, learn how to spell sac(k).

I thought my list would reach at least ten things, but alas, I may have to wait for the AFC Championship game (which starts in about an hour) or possibly the Superbowl (two weeks). And now that yet another football season nears the end, I've learned that it's not THAT boring after all.

No comments: