Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dodging a white bullet

So, I'm in Pennsylvania for the weekend. Kicking back and watching the "Today" show this a.m. as they show the New Yorkers hanging out just outside the window of the studio, I can see the snow falling fast and maybe not so furious, but enough to have that white effect - AGAIN. Ha ha, mother nature, I'm in PA where it's a toasty 31 degrees and there's no snow. 1:00 p.m. weather update: the flakes are falling in PA now. I guess the margarine commercial was correct - "you can't fool mother nature."

And just an aside - also on the news this morning (not the Today show, rather the local Baltimore station) I learned of the salmonella scare with the peanut butter products. When the story was finished, they cut to a commercial. "Choosy mothers, choose Jiff." Ok, that's not their present-day slogan, but you catch my drift, I'm sure. I kid you not - you can't make this stuff up.

No comments: