Saturday, January 10, 2009

Purple Passion Proves Promising - Let's Go Ravens!!

This may come as a shock to most of you, but I actually watched the entire Baltimore Ravens vs Tennessee Titans football game this afternoon with the hubby. (Kudos to him, for not losing his patience with me at my myriad, non-ending list of questions-which by the way, would not have been so non-ending, if he had answered them so I could understand the first time I asked.) That I watched the game is not so much shocking to me as the fact that I kind of liked it. Who knew? Flashbacks of my dad yelling at the screen while watching the Jets, or the Giants, or whatever game he could, swept rhythmically through my brain and some of his words actually, for the first time, made some sense to me.

I loved the fact that the phone kept ringing throughout the game with devoted Baltimore fans yelling and screaming in their glory. Even my fellow Commackian friend, Anne, (who's a Redskins fan) kept calling in her delighted bliss! Not to mention, my son, Justin, in Florida, who finally wasn't calling to tell me it's 80 degrees down there! I guess this football thing's kind of important to some people. And now that the Purple Passioned Baltimore Ravens have won, I have to do this all over again next week against either Pittsburgh or San Diego.

And although I enjoyed myself, if the truth be told, I'd still rather be shopping!

No comments: