Wednesday, January 14, 2009

WHITE

like the next snow storm that is on the way
this page is filled with white for yet another day
the emptiness surrounds me to the point so it seems
that i'm no longer amazed when i see it in my dreams

i need the summer's colors with the crashing of the waves
i want to feel the warmth emitting from the sun's rays
i long to sit on the beach with the sand between my toes
i need to stop wearing layers upon layers of clothes

i'm obsessed with this monster called winter
it's taken over my mind
it's stripped me of my inner peace
it's stripped me so i'm blind

there's nothing left for me to see
the page still remains white
it's probably going to stay that way
for many more nights

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP RAPIDLY FROM WEST TO EAST LATE TONIGHT AS LOW PRESSURE APPROACHES FROM THE WEST. SNOW WILL CONTINUE DURING THE PRE-DAWN HOURS WITH THE HEAVIEST SNOW EXPECTED BETWEEN 7 AM AND 11 AM THURSDAY. THE STEADY... GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS WILL DEVELOP. BY EARLY THURSDAY AFTERNOON TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL RANGE GENERALLY FROM 2 TO 4 INCHES. A FEW AREAS IN EASTERN SUFFOLK COUNTY NEW YORK MAY RECEIVE UP TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW ACCUMULATION.

ROADS WILL QUICKLY BECOME SLIPPERY AT THE ONSET OF PRECIPITATION AS VERY COLD AIR IS IN PLACE OVER THE REGION AND THE SNOW IS NOT EXPECTED TO MELT ON CONTACT WITH ROADWAYS.

IN ADDITION... AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW MAY BRIEFLY REDUCE VISIBILITIES IN SOME LOCATIONS AS GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS DEVELOP THURSDAY MORNING AND LAST INTO EARLY THURSDAY AFTERNOON.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO TELL ME WHAT IS "PRETTY" ABOUT THIS?????



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahah! Sorry, I couldnt live there... But for very short periods and in pictures it looks very like the holidays.. something about it reminds me of what family should be... togetherness and memories... so i guess its really not nice but its the thoughts that make me say that....