Monday, August 31, 2009

All gone

Last day of August - gone. Last day of summer hours at work - gone. Pool already closed (since last Friday) for the year - gone. Weather so cool tonight that not only is the AC off, but I had to shut the windows. The cold of winter is not that far off. One of the things that keeps me smiling all winter long is looking at all my beach scenery and palm trees that I have all over the house (the first time my son, JoeY saw the bathroom he said "don't worry, Mom, some day you'll be in Florida for real!") and yes, even my car. Inside the car are palm tree key chains and flip flop key chains hanging from my mirror. I even have a palm tree deodorizer in the door handle. Don't laugh, I look at these things every day and they make me smile. On the outside of my car, in the back on the trunk is a palm tree magnet, (also a breast cancer awareness magnet that I got for spearheading a drive at work, and a Yankees magnet that was a birthday gift). Until today. Today as I came out of the supermarket I noticed that all three magnets were gone. I Hope whoever stole them off my car enjoys them all as much as I did. Anyone who knows me knows how sentimental I am. If anyone reading this needs to know what to get me for my birthday or holiday gift this year - I just gave you a great idea. Except this time, I guess I need to adhere them with SUPER GLUE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very saddened to read about your magnets being stolen. It always hurts me when one of my kids hurts - especially by being ripped off.