Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Random thoughts from people 25-35 years old

This was in my email and originally had 53 lines to it. I've edited out many of them, but these, in my humble opinion, were pretty funny (especially #'s 3, 10, 11, 13, 15, and 33)


2. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can
think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my
own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

3. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you
realize you're wrong. (Note: I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!)

7. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was
younger.

9. Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't
work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix
the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to
fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ's. We just
figured it out. ( (Note: I remember when MY kids did this, not when I did it!!)

10. There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

11. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and
suddenly realize I had no idea what the f was going on when I first saw it.


13. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

14. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than
take 2 trips to bring my groceries in. - (Note: LOL - Justin and Vanessa!!!!!!)

15. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your
computer history if you die.

19. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and
hunger.

20. Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantron
test is absolutely petrifying.

22. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and
smile because you still didn't hear what they said?

26. MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I
know how to get out of my neighborhood.

33. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work
when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive
for the rest of the day. (Note: Sometimes it's a few short moments after I arrive!)

35. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are
going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.

36. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if
I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did
not make any changes to.

37. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this ever.

45. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not
know what time it is.

53. The other night I ordered takeout, and when I looked in the bag, saw
they had included four sets of plastic silverware. In other words, someone
at the restaurant packed my order, took a second to think about it, and then
estimated that there must be at least four people eating to require such a
large amount of food. Too bad I was eating by myself. There's nothing like
being made to feel like a fat bastard before dinner.

2 comments:

BellaBlueEyes said...

Haha so i pretty much love everyone of those.. and yes, we would rather have 10 bags in each hand and one in our mouth then do the trip twice!!!

Anonymous said...

Well at least you don't have that awfully long walk from the parking lot to the house anymore!