Sunday, September 13, 2009

Follow up to "All Gone"

Two weeks ago I wrote about how the magnets on my car were stolen. Well, I suppose that most people simply would have gone to the dollar store and purchased new ones. I'm not most people. Oh, I went to the store, alright, but it wasn't the dollar store. As a matter of fact, I bought a new car:




At first, I wasn't all that crazy about it. Well, not that I wasn't crazy about it, just that I didn't really want to buy a new car. I loved my 9 year old car just as much as I did the day I bought it. It was the very first brand new car I ever bought completely on my own. It was a five speed. Although I knew how to drive it when I first bought it, I really mastered the technique afterwards. It was the car that I helped my son, Joey, move to college in. It was the car that I "attempted" to teach my son, Justin, how to drive a stick in. It was the car that if you breathe really deeply, you can still smell the garlic from the pizzas that Joey used to deliver in, it was the car that brought me back and forth to Pennsylvania. It was the car that gave birth to the license plates "HEYLAW." And, last but not least, it was the car that I PAID OFF 4 YEARS AGO!!!

But alas, it needed some work and it didn't seem right to sink money into a 9 year old car with nearly 84,000 miles. So, "HEYLAW II" has arrived. The only reason I gave in and purchased an automatic, is because I really wanted a remote start.



















I have learned my lesson from the theft of the magnets; however. I have palm tree pouches inside the door and little sticks with palm trees in the vents (click the pictures to enlarge).





































I have a flip flop hanging from the rear view mirror.





















And the only outside decorations are the fantastic palm tree license plate frames. So, if anyone wants my stuff, they will have to use a screwdriver to remove it.



















I have to admit that the radio (complete with XM and an IPOD hook up) is much better than my old car radio. I kind of even like the fact that there are no coffee stains on the seats. Although I really wanted the dark gray color again, the silver is growing on me. This week they put the spoiler on. Yea - it's growing on me!!

1 comment:

BellaBlueEyes said...

Yay!!! A new car Wh0op! I love all the palm tree stuff, and shame on whom ever stole your magnets!!