Sunday, March 8, 2009

Home to a curve ball

I sure wish the curve ball to which I was referring was the fact that the Baltimore Orioles have shown a slight interest in acquiring Pedro Martinez; but alas, that is not it at all.

Home from Florida early this morning. On the drive home from the airport, we were both concerned that the heavy snow storm we narrowly escaped had left its remnants in our driveway and perhaps still had my car buried alive. Nope. We turned the corner and were quite pleased to see that the driveway was clear, as was the car.

Insert key in door. Open door. Did we take a wrong turn on the expressway and perhaps make an unscheduled stop at Niagra Falls? There sure was enough water pouring out of the ceiling to think so, but the scenery - not so much. Turns out the hot water pipe burst, the ceiling caved, and there was a good 3 inches of water in the hallway and downstairs bedroom. Welcome home. Glad you're back. yea, right - I kept telling my husband I wanted to stay in Florida. Too bad he never listens to me.

The good news is we will finally have the new carpet we've been wanting. The bad news is, even an insurance check cannot replace the lost photographs, baseball cards, newspaper articles, sports memorabilia, not to mention at least 20 pairs of shoes, 5 of which were my suede boots. Yea, I've been craving wearing sandals instead of boots, but still...

After hours and hours of moving things, and ripping up carpet, (and doing load after load of laundry from the trip) I have decided that I am done. Maybe tomorrow I will feel like uploading all the pictures from the trip (and there are a lot), but I certainly don't feel like it now.

P.S. We had a great time despite the very cold temperatures for the first half of the week. More on that tomorrow, perhaps.

No comments: