Saturday, March 14, 2009

The review

I must admit that on the way to the concert last night for just a quick moment, I thought to myself "the band members of Fleetwood Mac are definitely aging - just how good could they be?"

Well - I will tell you how good. They were superb, awesome, fantastic, fabulous, cosmic, amazing, extraordinary,
astonishing, astounding, brilliant, divine, dynamite, enjoyable, excellent, incredible, magnificent, marvelous, miraculous, outstanding, phenomenal, sensational, something else, staggering, startling, stupendous, super, superb, terrific, tremendous, absolutely unf---king believable!!!!!!

Stevie was esoteric, John was exemplary, Mickey was to drums what Derek Jeter is to baseball. But the absolute show stopper was Lindsay Buckingham. His solo guitar performances brought the house down. My vocal chords are paying the price for my teenage actions. Special thanks to my hubby for another wonderfult night. Apologies to Sonia and Bill for screaming in their ears!!

I was expecting them to open with "The Chain" because they usually do, but instead they went right into "Monday Morning" and really got the party started. The played for over two hours, coming out for two encores. The very last song was my all time favorite - "Silver Spring." Who woulda thunk - the Nassau Collesium was an escape to paradise, right here on good ole Long Island.

Tonight they are playing at Mohegun Sun and I so wish I could go!!



P.S. - update on the flood damage - all the structural repairs are complete and the new carpet is down. We have spent the last two days moving furniture back, reconnecting tv's and computers, and putting stuff back on the shelves (so glad I took pictures to remember where it all goes!!) Anyhow, I have had no time at all to look at vacation pictures. I hope to be able to do that and post some tomorrow - we shall see.

3 comments:

caryl said...

Are you kidding me? My sister, Cathy and her husband Bruce were at that concert! haha, small world

Gramzof3 said...

It is a small world. I can only say I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did. I have been in love with this band since 1974!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori-

I can not believe how incredible she sounded! I listened to the whole thing- I love that song too--Thanks for sharing!-glad you had a good night!!! xo

-Mandi