Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Day 2008

Ok, enough about the kids and their wonderful time in Florida with Grandma. This is about me (it's my blog afterall). With the hubby having to work, I spent the day at Janice and Kenny's. As most of you know, they are more than just friends, they are the true meaning of family (without the blood ties). Of course there was the traditional meal (because when she wants to, Jani can really cook up a storm). I must say, it was the best stuffing (oops, dressing) I have ever had (sorry Charlotte!!). After we all ate so much that we thought surely we would explode, it was game time. I think that if you were not there you would be bored with the details, however, I must pay tribute to my husband, by having Jani join him in the "Herbinese dictionary." Actually, Mandi described it quite well in an email, so I'll just copy and paste: JANICE made a Verbal BLUNDER that she would normally have a chuckle at Herb's expense if "the said blunder" had come from his mouth, not hers. So, in the spirit of fairness, here is that blunder: History first for those who do not know---- Jani -- PRIDES herself of LANGUAGE and is the family "proof reader" and LOVES ENGLISH.
-----Herb --once in a while says a word that is NOT quite a word, but somehow it gets added into our everyday language--not without chuckles and some torment. For instance: PHENOMENOUS --- a word now, but Herb meant PHENOMENAL. I digress.................. We are playing a game and we were asking each other questions, and Janice reads this question aloud:"Which family member would you eat first, if you were a CANNON BALL!!!!" ( The word was cannibal-meaning ONE WHO EATS OTHERS. A CANNON BALL, Jani, is a large round object that gets shot out of a cannon! I do not believe they get hungry--even if they were stranded on an island for days.) Herb PLEASE use this to your advantage in any way shape or form that you see fit. I, give you full rights to abuse her. (Also, please note that after this happened, Jani was packing the apple cake, that was MADE ESPECIALLY FOR HER, and she let the damn thing slip off the plate and break into pieces and RAISINS flew everywhere, even hitting the ceiling!!!) THIS WAS NOT JANI'S night to say the least!
Mandi then wet her pants....this made me love her even more. It is so nice to know I'm not alone. Anyhow, although no stories were discussed about Aaron - here is a picture of my favorite "nephew:"
(by the way, you can see how much I love him, cause I'm posting this picture even though I look dreadful)...


Want to leave a comment? Just click on "comments" below: (I'd love to hear from you).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I MADE THE BLOG!!! Although it was for peeing myself, and for throwing my mommy under the bus, I am very proud today that I made it in this BLOG!!! Love you!-Mandi

Gramzof3 said...

Congratulations! I look forward to a command performance....

Anonymous said...

Okay, now that you've all had your little chuckle, it's time for my rebuttal. First of all, my head was in the oven all week preparing the Thanksgiving meal (thanks Lori, for the kind words on the cooking). So when I read the word "cannibal" it just came out wrong from my poor eyesight from the oven fumes all week. I certainly know the difference between "cannibal and CANNON BALL." Secondly, in my old age, I am on medication (drugs) now which does cause some blurring now and then. Just so you all know I, myself, enjoyed the blunder so much that I hung Mandi's e-mail on my fridge.

So in closing, I'm glad I gave everyone some entertainment on Thanksgiving. I am now ending this so I can go watch CANNON BALL RUN - or CANNIBAL Run - whatever!!!

Love,
Janice

Gramzof3 said...

I've heard that people become extremely defensive in their old age. Of course, I wouldn't know anything about that!!

Anonymous said...

Honey - I think you're just as sexy as ever and Aaron is a real cutie!

Gramzof3 said...

Thank you "home."

(For those of you who don't know, I call my hubby "home" because he says "hi honey, I'm home" and I say "hi home." I crack my self up!!