Sunday, November 23, 2008

Is it wrong to be jealous of your kids?

Back in August I had this fabulous idea for older my son's birthday and holiday gift to give him airline tickets to go to Florida to visit his brother and Grandmother for Thanksgiving. I was so excited at the time - because actually it was a gift for all them rolled into one! Well, here it is the day of the trip. He is actually on the plane as I write this. Headed for my favorite destination in the country...on his way to the warm sand and the palm trees, (not to mention he will see his Grandma, my younger son, his fiance, and Prada Puppy!) As for me? I sit here looking out the window at the gray sky, bare trees, and a windchill factor of 5 degrees. And guess what? There's at least 5 months to go until it gets warm again...it's a good thing I love my kids! P.S. I have received three "50 birthday cards" so far....gotta tell you - I'm not liking it!

2 comments:

caryl said...

What a great gift! You're a good mamma.

Note about my blog: you aren't gonna be getting many links to my blog for a little while. I've been taken over over by Taylor fans. Ever since I got that phone call, I'm their latest fascination and I'm not comfortable writing about myself lately.

Gramzof3 said...

Thanks, Caryl. You and your son are in my thoughts...