Thursday, October 23, 2008

Does anyone else out there suffer from SAD?

Now that my extended summer is really over, the reality of the upcoming winter months is looming overhead. Here comes the SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and yes, it really does get worse every year.

It's already dark by 6:00 and in another week or so, it will be 5:00. This is when I fall into that "woe is me, I hate the winter so much" mood. I already have to warm up the car in the morning and just now, much to my chagrin, I turned on the heat in the house. I usually try to wait until November, but it's friggin cold.

I already had to use the static guard or else I would show up at work with my clothes clutching my skin as if they are afraid to let go. They must know something I don't. My toes are very angry at me for being squished inside the boots instead of having the freedom of the flip flops I wore all summer. My beautiful palm tree tattoo must remain covered up. And let me tell you - a turtle neck sweater is no picnic to don when you are having a hot flash!

Oh well - only 19 weeks til spring training!

2 comments:

caryl said...

Well, it all depends on where you live. I thank God summer is over! It's too damned hot and humid here in Texas. I think we get about two weeks of perfect weather a year. We're still running the AC, but soon it will just turn gloomy and rainy and stay that way until it's too hot again.

Gramzof3 said...

I guess we're just never happy with what we have. You know, the grass is always greener....and all that crap!