Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day two continued - day three begins

We decided to get tee shirts made up to honor the big 5-0 celebration. We spent some time with the tee shirt shop guy and then some time online and then some good old fashioned brainstorming with pen and paper (my dad would have loved that) and we came up with a fabulous idea. You'll have to wait for the pictures to see more about that.

We also went back to the pier, had dinner at Frenchy's Rockaway Grille on the beach (for my Long Island readers, it's a lot like LaCasa). Then back to the peer for more shopping (different vendors) and wonderful street performers. What a fun time.

Today we are headed up to Port Richey for a quick visit with my son, Justin and his fiance, Vanessa and of course, Prada Puppy. Afterwards we will shoot over to Tarpon Springs for more eating and shopping.

More pictures to follow, I'm just too lazy right now.

P.S. A big hug to Caryl for saying that we all look the same. On behalf of the half of the Commack Clan that is here to the half that is not - we miss you.

1 comment:

caryl said...

Geez, I can picture everything since my parents used to go to Florida every year for a couple of months for a while there. We would drive over and stay with them for a week or so. After Dad died, Mom stopped going.

But I WAS in Tampa about a year and a half ago-saw all of my cousins, including Renee. I'm sure you guys remember Gail, she lives down there somewhere, too. Oh...now I'm sad. I just remmbered I saw Mrs Tangel then, too.

ANYWAY, reading this is making me miss Florida! I know you guys are having fun-there's a lot to do.

Are you sharing old stories and looking at pictures? Talking about guys? Who was that guy I dated back then? Don? Jim? I forget. *wink*