Monday, October 13, 2008

Clearwater beach days 4 and 5

We have been so busy having way too much fun that it's been two days since I've posted anything - much to catch up on.

On Sunday we went aboard the Starlight Yacht for a two hour all-you-can-eat brunch cruise around the bay, the intercoastal and the gulf. (See pics below.) It was absolutely amazing and the weather could not have been better.

In the evening we went on the Kai Lani catamaran for a sunset sail around the same waters. It started out just lovely and just as we approached the gulf, the captain announced that he did not like the way the clouds looked. He thought it better to head back to the pier. So back we went. On the way back we saw a beautiful rainbow (pics below). Just before we got to the pier, the sky opened up and it poured (nothing like a Florida rainstorm). We were absolutely soaked!! We went into the car to warm up and wait out the storm. 20 minutes later we set sail again, but the captain still wasn't liking the sky, so instead of heading into the gulf and letting the main sail take us away, we stayed in the intercoastal and the bay, just cruising and trying to look into people's houses!! (pics below). It truly was a remarkable day.

In the evening, we played spades again. Although I hate to admit this, the truth must be told and here it is: Kathy is the undefeated reigning champ, beating us both nights. (Yes honey, and mom, I lost twice - major bummer). I was going to lie and say I let her win, but I figured after all these years, I owe her this much!

On Monday, we relaxed at the pool for a few hours and finally got the color that you're supposed to have when you're a vacationer in Florida (see pics below). Then after days of brainstorming and creativity, we finally came up with the design for our tee shirt!! Anne and I were on our way to the tee shirt shop, when "the incident" occured........as I was backing out of the parking spot, the front passenger side panel scraped along the car port pole and did a bit of damage to the car. I have decided that I should probably surrender my license, as there is no one to blame for this one but myself.....i'm so bummed.

Anyhow, we then headed down to the beach and had dinner at Sheppards - an all-you-can-eat dinner buffet that literally had EVERYTHING from soup to nuts. Delicious and great service. Afterwards we headed onto the beach for fantastic sunset pictures - see below. That is it. We are now in the house, all packed up, catching up on the playoff games and being bummed that we are headed back to reality in 12 hours!

(P.S) - I forgot to mention that we all got matching ankle bracelets (how silly) and on the yacht, we were surprised with a 50th birthday platter (how sweet)

(P.P.S) - remember - if you double click on the photos, they will enlarge - this may or may not be flattering for some of us!!!!































2 comments:

caryl said...

Great pictures! I think that photo of K&L holding hands at sunset is really sweet. You guys should live closer to one another. And I think the matching anklets idea is cute.

I took Jake to court yesterday and it was postponed again. He hasn't even been charged yet, that's what this court date is for. The lawyer said this may be a good thing.

Anyway-you guys sure made the most of your time in Florida! Glad you had a good time.

Gramzof3 said...

Thanks for all your great comments, Caryl - we really did have so much fun, and we missed you guys.

As far as Jake goes, your lawyer is right - but I know the anticipation of the unknown can be extremely daunting - you're in my thoughts.