Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Little Chickadee (and I don't mean WC Fields!)

Thanks to my friend, Debbie and her daughter, Melanie - I had chickadees eating out of the palm of my hand!! What a fun day - walking through a nature preserve in Nyack - on the north side of the south shore of Long Island. On the way back, we met up with momma turkey and her seven , yes seven babies! There were plenty of chipmunks running rampant as well. They were adoreable. Of course we named all of them either "Chip" or "Dale!"

Also seen, but not captured on the camera, were a bunny, many cardinals (both males and females, they came up very close to us, but will not eat out of your hand), catbirds, sparrows and plovers. (Boy I learned a lot about birds - thanks, Deb). I think we may have heard a woodpecker or two, but did not see them. That's ok, though - I see those everyday at our birdfeeder.

A fun day was had:





No comments: