Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

I remember Father's Days past from 1995 until last year as a day that I dreaded. My dad was gone, so I was envious of everyone who still had one. I couldn't stand seeing Father's Day cards out of the corner of my eye if I was shopping for a different type of card. My own kids hadn't seen their biological father in a long time. Most of my friends had lost their fathers as well. Basically it was just a depressing day. Today is the first Father's Day that my father in law isn't here. It's sad. It's difficult. It's unfair. He and my dad are very much in my thoughts. Flashes of things that both of them have said to me have been drifting in and out of my head all day. I'll keep those sentiments to myself. But, sad as that may be, I must look ahead and wish a happy Father's Day to my son, the expectant daddy! Life sure does toy with one's emotions, doesn't it?

1 comment:

BellaBlueEyes said...

I would just like you to know, justin did actually get teary eyed from this...