Saturday, May 23, 2009

There's always someone new waiting...

It took several weeks to get back to Bide A Wee to continue our volunteer training. But oh, I must say it was so worth it. Today we got to meet Manee. She is 3 months old and has been at the shelter for 2 weeks. According to the experts, she won't last long because the younger dogs always get adopted very quickly. She is some kind of hound mix. We got to walk her for a long time and play with her in the pen. She was very full of love. Hubby said if we could have pets, he would have brought her home. I'm quite sure that each time we go, we will want to bring another one home. I'm almost grateful that we can't have pets here or I fear that we would have 50 of them!!! We were able to snap a few pictures but honestly, it isn't easy to walk them and play with them and hold the camera, so I don't think I will be doing that again. I had my first turn at getting her back in her pen. You have to get her in, without going in yourself and trust me, they do not want to go back in there. So, I must say, that part was a bit difficult and heart breaking. Still worth it though, to love them up:



2 comments:

BellaBlueEyes said...

Oh my goodness!! That puppy is adorable! That sounds like so much fun.

Anonymous said...

she looks like a keeper! i totally get it - if you could have pets you'd have a house full!! good for you & hubby for volunteering - keep up the good work! - Deb S.