Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 26th

On May 25th, 1984 at about 10:00 in the evening, a nine month's pregnant me had a slight stomach ache. Must have been something I ate, thought I. The rest of the details are a bit sketchy in my mind, for instance, I can't remember what exactly made me decide that perhaps I should go to the hospital, because for the life of me I cannot remember having even one labor pain. The next thing I remember I was pushing out my second son. He was born 7 minutes after midnight, making his birthday the 26th. Happy birthday, Justin!! That was 25 years ago.

14 years ago, on Justin's 11th birthday, my dad passed away; making this day very bittersweet. A day does not go by that I don't think of him. The only difference now is that I'm finally able to do so without tears; instead it's a smile, because I know he would be proud.

Honorable mention to my favorite female singer, Stevie Nicks, whose birthday is also today. She's still got it! Listen for yourself:

then:


now:


not bad for 61, huh???

No comments: