Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Some Mother's Day stuff to make you laugh, or cry, or just say "aww..."

I'm on the phone with Justin, Friday night and he says something not so nice (in a joking way) and I tell him that he has to be nice to me because it's Mother's Day weekend. He innocently says "Mother's Day - when is it going to be kid's day?" I'm quite sure that every mom reading this can figure out my response, but nonetheless, I will write it anyhow: "EVERY DAY IS KID'S DAY!" He had no reply! (that's the stuff to make you laugh) Kudos, however, to him and Vanessa for sending me a picture (the same one that is posted here on 4/30) of the baby, but this one is much clearer and it says "Happy Mother's Day, Grandma" on it. (That's the stuff to make you cry.)

Mr. Boston himself (Joey, as he allows only my mom and me to refer to him) came to visit for Mother's Day. A hug from your child is the best gift a mom can receive. (that's the stuff to make you say "aww..."). I loved the visit, the card, the stuffed puppy cause he knows I want one and can't have one, the dinner, the three boxes of Entenmann's cakes (because he just discovered the outlet store) and most of all the conversation. Oh the conversation. Priceless.

Happy Mother's Day to all.

No comments: