Sunday, October 25, 2009

Today it hit me...

For 7 months now I've known I'm going to be a grandmother. I've been so excited about it for such a long time that I didn't realize how numb I truly was. But today it really hit me. Today when I woke up, I felt different. I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMOTHER!

I've had my cell phone attached to my hip for days. I keep picturing that call from my son. I try to imagine what he will say. I keep having flashes of images of what the birth might be like and those amazing minutes right after delivery when we all realize that it's not over, but it's just beginning. I can now picture the proud new mom and dad holding their daughter.

How does "Grams" sound? I think I like it.

1 comment:

BellaBlueEyes said...

Its amazing, I keep day dreaming about it all and still cried reading your post. Lol. I almost seems like its all fake, until it happens i cant believe it.