Sunday, April 19, 2009

I should have known

I went to my first training session as a dog volunteer at Bide A Wee this morning. After about an hour of "lecturing," I was ready to meet my faithful pals. All the puppies that had been brought in the day after orientation were already adopted, so off we went into the "old folks home." Of course I already love them all, but wouldn't you know - there's always that "one." You know, the one that stares right into your eyes and says "mommy?" Her name is Nalla and she has some arthritis (we'll get along great!). Her across-the-aisle roommate is named Molly and she is the one that I accompanied on a walk with the trainer and another volunteer. Things I learned on the walk: female dogs also lift their leg to pee sometimes; older dogs definitely get tired quicker than younger dogs; Molly likes to roll on deer poop. Needless to say, I had a ball!! I found out today that I am allowed to take pictures so I will do that next time. Unfortunately, do to scheduling, that won't be for another two weeks...stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SOOOOOOOO proud of you for doing this! I think it is great! So, is Nalla coming home with you?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is me....Jennifer.

Gramzof3 said...

I would have already brought her home if I could have pets here....