Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I need to retire, work just gets in the way

So I sat around most of the winter with all this time on my hands. That's when I had the wonderful idea of volunteering at the animal shelter. Now that I've completed the orientation and had the first (of the necessary three) training, suddenly there is no time to schedule the next training. All of sudden it's like "my people must call the animal's people," and set up lunch or something - woe is me, I will have to wait until May 16th for the second session. I miss the dogs already. Even the cats had it made there - they have a huge room (definitely bigger than my living room) where they have lots of scratching posts and even a "balance beam" type thing that goes across the top of the room for them to play. I wish the dogs could have such a nice room, but alas, each one of them has to be in its own pen. However, I did learn during my first training session, that once fully trained, I will be able to take any dog (even the puppies, when they have them) and bring it to the recreation room and play as long as we want!!! Oh yes, there will be lots of pictures then!

No comments: