Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Living in the (right lane) danger zone

At first glance I thought that Brookhaven Town did a fairly decent job of plowing the 27 inches of snow that fell over the weekend. That was until I really starting getting around today. Consider that the storm was three days ago already. Every where I went today the right turn lanes were what was used to store all the plowed snow. No warning, no signs indicating the lane is closed. One minute you're driving in your lane, the next minute the lane is gone. Poof. Vanished. A mound of snow twenty feet high takes its place. Oh and try to park the car in any shopping center three days before Christmas when more than half the spots are also used to store plowed snow. And before you go judging that I should be done shopping by now, I am. Just trying to get my nails done. It was awfully cold walking through mounds of snow with flip flops on!! Oh the things you Floridians take for granted, like getting a pedicure without getting frostbite!! Four more years :(

2 comments:

caryl said...

Quit yer belly aching! Haha, just kidding! That sounds REALLY bad. I haven't had to deal with snow in a very long time and have come to romanticize it. Thanks for that dose of reality.

On a side note, I have this weird thing going with myself where I've vowed never to get a manicure or pedicure. No, I don't know why. I think I'm rebelling against all those awful "Real Housewives" on TV. Too fussy for me.

Gramzof3 said...

I never ever used to do it, until I got a gift certificate once and I was hooked on manicures. The only reason I do pedicures now is cause I'm too old to bend over and cut my own toenails!!!! Thanks for sharing.