Friday, July 10, 2009

Talk about everything at once.....

We are leaving for Florida in the morning. We will be there for 8 days. This trip was originally planned four months ago for this particular week in order to attend my soon to be daughter in law, Vanessa's nursing school graduation. As it turns out, not only will we be doing that, but also during this timeframe, we will be attending a a wedding ceremony, a closing on a townhouse, and a celebration dinner for all. Oh and I will get to feel my granddaughter up close and personal! The weeks building up to all these events has been well, let's just say there have been a myriad of emotions. I don't know how many of you have gone through the purchase of a home since this economy hit the (well, you know). It seems it might be just a little bit easier to be cleared to work for the secret service, than to get a mortgage approved. I swear, I'm waiting for the phone to ring and them to ask for some teeth out of my mouth, or perhaps some blood, or maybe one of my kids as collateral!! Ugghhh!!!!! Anyhow, the latest word is that by Tuesday we should have the definite closing date, which we are hoping is Friday. On Tuesday, Vanessa graduates nursing school and I could not be more proud of her - for sure I will cry! On Thursday, Justin and Vanessa will become Mr. and Mrs. Wise. Through those tears will be excitement for their new life together and more pride for me as I can officially call her my daughter. As mentioned earlier, hopefully the closing will be on Friday and then we can return to New York, just before we would have to help the kids move!!! Through all this, my boss retired. Today was her last day and that in itself was quite emotional! I sure hope somewhere in this schedule is time for relaxation.........and maybe a licky or two from my Pradapuppy!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay yay and yay...love you guys. soak it all in. take lots of pics.
have a wonderful time.....
kathy

Anonymous said...

no mention of my awesome july 4th weekend surprise visit. i wanna feel the love too.


joeyyyyy (remember meeeee?)

Gramzof3 said...

OY VEY, the guilt!!! I told so many people how you came to surprise me that I forgot to mention it here. I apologize. It was awesome seeing you and your entourage again....love it always!